Monday, September 20, 2010

On: The Story of Here: Why Words Matter-Part Two

Link: The Story of Here: Why Words Matter-Part Two

Here were my comments on the article linked to above:

"the most important element of defending myself is believing that I can" Hmmm... It almost seems a nuisance to have to point out that: Belief alone never assures the desired outcome! Someone might fully believe (stupidly) that they can take on a 1,500 pound Grizzly Bear all by themselves with their bare hands... until total loss of consciousness, forever. No doubt our minds are the best tool we have... we should use them. But I don't imagine that the power of our minds can maintain 'civilization' or even our population levels. I think the best we can hope for is to alleviate some suffering and mitigate enough of the damage to avoid extinction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are reviewed before they are published. Please be patient. Deep thinking is appreciated here.